Thursday, November 15, 2012

And then The Prince did a very bad thing

Last night while The Prince was ironing some of his work clothing:
 
Me: "What tie are you wearing tomorrow?"
 
The Prince: "Well, I was going to wear that new one you got me."
 
Me: "The awesome stripey silk one?"
 
The Prince: "Yeah, but..."
 
Me: "...But?"
 
The Prince: "Well, I washed a bunch of my dress shirts yesterday, and I guess that the tie was still on my black shirt..."
 
Me: "YOU PUT A SILK TIE IN THE WASHING MACHINE?!?!?!"
 
The Prince: "It was an accident! I'm sorry!"
 
Me: "This is an emergency! Where is the tie now?!? I'll Google to see if there are any ways we can save it! If not, you're dead meat."
 
The Prince: "Well, it was all crinkled."
 
Me: "Yeah, it would be. That's what happens when stupid people put silk in washing machines."
 
The Prince: "... So I ironed it..."
 
Me: "YOU IRONED IT? Did you put cotton between the iron and the tie?!?! Did you turn the heat setting down?!?!"
 
The Prince: "...No?"
 
Me: "UUUGGGHHHH. YOU. YOU ARE BAD. Clueless and also BAD."
 
The Prince: "It's just a tie, and in other news, I am not a dog."
 
Me: "It was a BEAUTIFUL TIE, and now look at it, it's all dull and icky looking!"
 
The Prince: "I know. I made a mistake."
 
Me: "Yes you did. You know what wouldn't be a mistake, though?"
 
The Prince: "What?"
 
Me: "It would not be a mistake if I accidentally on purpose STRANGLED YOU WITH THIS TIE."
 
The Prince: "I was thinking we could use it as a blindfold. You know, silk tie, blindfold? Hmm? Hmmmmmm?"
 
Me: "No. Just, no. You are a silk-spoiler and I don't like you very much right now."

Sincerely,

30 comments:

  1. Well I doubt the Prince will be getting any more silk ties any time soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny, sorry! In other news I'm not a dog lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And this is why boys did not do housework for centuries. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. And this is why it will forever be known as "women's work". It's not that we're "supposed" to do it... it's because men are just so dumb sometimes!


    Again with the Ha! just noticed the comment above me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My comment from yesterday isn't there! It's appropriate that you scolded him like a dog because only a dog would try and hump your leg while he's in trouble. Point Management.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Obviously the only amends he can now safely make involve jewelry, wine, and a very nice dinner.

    Ammon isn't allowed to handle anything more strenuous than the dishes in our house. Anything else, and I have deemed him unfit. Men.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!!!! please tell me hes in the dog house for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hilarious! he actually does his own laundry? i do kinda like his idea though...

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahaha oh prince!!! you guys are too funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bad dogs don't get play - they get the doghouse. Even if they are not, really, in actuality, a dog.

    Way to strive for that silver lining, Prince.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always a great read lady! Hope all is well in Ontario these days?? Don't let him stew in the doghouse too long, after all he DID do some ironing...Sending you across-the-pond Canada love xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh, how I've missed ya'll and your clever arguments.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do things accidentally on purpose all the time, always works.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey girl....Merry Christmas! Everything ok? Hope you'll blog again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Not trying to be a creep, but noticed you haven't been blogging for a while... Hope all is well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. you're amazing... I'm speechless... New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Where have you been, lady?!

    ReplyDelete
  18. HA! Love it! Miss you!!

    Hugs,
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  19. :( Poor silk tie. At least he tried to fix it.

    Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete
  20. New reader here. Guess that means 19 people think you should have your own show.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The Management, we all miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are much nicer then me. I would have forced him to hold a funeral for the tie while we buried it in the lawn. You know, to hide the failure.

    Yes. To hide that failure.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I sympathize with you but also please cut him a slack. After all he is a man :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Would you like to follow each other?
    Let me know and we can totally get to it :D

    http://lizziapple.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, lovely human.