Thursday, October 11, 2012

And then The Prince adopted a gun rack

While putting groceries in the back of the Jeep:

Me: "What the fuck is that?"

The Prince: "That's my new gun rack."

Me: "You don't own any guns..."

The Prince: "Okay, well, you know how you see all those things on Pinterest, and then you're like 'Let's get a giant wooden spool to use as a coffee table?'"

Me: "Yes..."

The Prince: "Well, I found this gun rack at work the other day. Apparently a customer left it and no one else wanted it. I thought maybe I could put it in the back of the Jeep as an organzier, so I adopted it and now it's a repurposed-gun-rack-organizer."

Me: "Let me be straight with you. This thing is a piece of shit and we're getting rid of it. Now."

The Prince: "NO we're not. It holds things perfectly! Look how it's cradling this cereal box! It's an ideal Jeep accessory."

Me: "It takes up so much space! AND it's BABY BLUE. Some hillbilly slapped together a few hunks of wood, painted the whole thing baby blue and called it a gun rack, and now, thanks to your profound stupidity, this atrocity has made its way into MY LIFE."

The Prince: "I'm keeping the gun rack."

Me: "NO. We need all the space in the back of the Jeep to carry my things home to Ontario, and believe me, that gun rack is not coming with us. I'm leaving it on the side of the street for a freegan to pick up."

The Prince: "Maybe I'll just get a gun for the gun rack, and then what will you do?"

Me: "Honestly?"

The Prince: "Honestly."

Me: "I WILL SHOOT YOU. I WILL SHOOT YOU FOR ADOPTING A HILLBILLY GUN RACK."

Yours,


23 comments:

  1. What if he got a real bona fide gun rack?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In what world is this okay? Certainly not this one. You stand your ground against that horrendous sounding baby blue gun rack! Tell him if he wants to be a real man with a gun rack it can't be baby blue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. baby blue? just the color alone sounds obnoxious

    ReplyDelete
  4. What the hell is a freegan?


    I need to be canadian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seconded - on both question and sentiment!

      Delete
    2. Play on words for vegan + free.

      People who dumpster dive behind grocery stores to get their food and curbside shop for their gun racks.

      And I need to see a picture of this gun rack.

      Delete
  5. You'll be happy to know that you're not allowed to actually store guns in gun racks. Also - baby blue? Maybe its previous owner was colour blind or wasn't able to paint it a normal hillbilly colour like camouflage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LMFAO..........Just another one of your great stories! BTW I changed my blog name! It is now mrsinappropriate.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. I thought Canadians didn't have guns.

    2. I instantly thought of this movie/scene:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZbxTt0d4pI&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  8. So funny that he has a gunrack and doesn't have a gun. I hope you managed to get it out of your house.

    Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete
  9. Points for the freegan reference.!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha! Gun racks are every where in the South! Good thing you don't live here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha well done! That's not very macho to paint a GUN rack BABY BLUE!

    http://johced-ourjourneytoeverywhere.blogspot.com/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL!! I love this and that is sooooo something my hubs would do! I stopped by and am your newest follower and was hoping that you might stop by my blog and follow me too!

    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com


    Thank you!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. What kind of pansy hillbilly did he adopt this gun rack from?! Up in my neck of the woods we paint hunks of wood that we nail together camo colored, which is a process of spay painting greens, browns, tans, and black. THAT is hillbilly, not baby blue. WTF.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do live in the south, and I must say, I've never seen a baby blue gun rack. I think out of the whole conversation, that boggled my mind the most. Haha. Here's to hoping the gun rack gets passed on! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. i wish there were photographic evidence of the aforementioned gun rack... powder blue? sounds pretty rad.

    also, cannot help but think of "wayne's world" with this one; classic!

    http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. this iz one of my most favourite posts yet!! laughed out loud (and read it twice)!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved this! This post was hilarious!! Thank you for leaving me some comments on my blog! I greatly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. P.S. - I liked the movie "What to Expect when you're expecting" I actually saw it in theaters and got it on dvd as well. My favorite is the sad part of the movie. I also like Rebel Wilson too, which she is Pitch Perfect and I loved her character in that movie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, lovely human.