Thursday, September 27, 2012

And then The Prince needed some cheese to go with his WHINE

Last night while cleaning the apartment:

The Prince: "What time is Nora getting here tomorrow?"

Me: "I'm not sure yet, probably sometime after dinner."

The Prince: "So I can have a bloody steak before she gets here, then?"

Me: "You could, yeah-"

The Prince: "I'M JUST SO NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO SPENDING THE WEEKEND WITH TWO HERBIVORES. I AM A CARNIVORE AND I NEED MEAT. MEEEAAATTTTT."

Me: "What? That is ridiculous. You LIVE with me, all of the time, and you survive just fine on vegetarian fare. AND you ate an entire bag of beef jerky last night."

The Prince: "But Nora is a VEGAN."

Me: "So? We eat vegan meals all the time. All the soups I make you? Vegan. Stir fry? Vegan. The burgers we have? Vegan."

The Prince: "Okay, but I'm scared that Nora is going to infiltrate your brain, and she'll turn YOU into a vegan. And then you'll stop buying cheese, and there will be no scrambled eggs allowed on the weekends, and you'll just make me eat SALAD. EVERY. DAY."

Me: "You want some cheese to go with that whine?"

The Prince: "YES. THAT IS EXACTLY MY POINT. I WANT CHEESE. ALWAYS AND FOREVER."

Me: "I'm not giving up cheese."

The Prince: "You're not?"

Me: "No."

The Prince: "You're sure?"

Me: "Yes. Because NACHOS. In other news, though, I do want to pick up some vegan ice cream before Nora gets here. It's actually really delicious."

The Prince: "OH MY GOD IT'S HAPPENING IT'S TOTALLY HAPPENING! YOU'RE TURNING INTO A VEGAN! NOOOOOOO!"

Yours,

14 comments:

  1. hahaha I feel like I could be vegan too if it weren't for the cheese. And you are so right, vegan ice cream is dank. I like carrot cake.. I think it's carrot cake?
    This made my morning

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAH WAH WAHHH. At least you feed him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahahahahahahahahaha! I feel him. It's true. If you turn vegan I'm going to have to send him more meat treats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, vegans give us regular vegetarians a bad name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe, I'm your newest follower, you have such a great blog!

    I'd love to know what you think of my blog: laurensbeautydepartment.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw poor guy haha I am sure Jamal feels the same way when I won't let him cook seafood if I'm home. I wish he wouldn't cook it at all but he doesn't listen very good. Oh well that means when he eats gross food no kisses for him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this statement:
    "Yes. Because NACHOS."

    That is definitely a good enough reason to not give up cheese. And also grilled cheese and mac-n-cheese... I mean really, duh!
    --Halie

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL I hate to say it, but I'm on the Prince's side on this one. I could never be a vegetarian. Not even saving the world from imploding would turn me vegan. Just can't do it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that's what would kill it for me. The cheese. I need to have real cheese all the time. So I could do veggie but not vegan.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAHA, you should buy a fee vegan things just to scare him further!

    Sheena @ A Girl's Guide to Retail Therapy
    sheenaashlock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel the same way. I don't care about meat so much, but there's no way I'm giving up cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha you two are truly a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can definitely feel his panic that you're turning into a vegan! Haha! You two are entertaining!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, lovely human.