Thursday, August 2, 2012

Poems from my Dad, Part Two

Yesterday I posted about the hilarious gift of "poetry" that my dad often sends to The Prince and I.

Here is another fine example of his work:

An Awkward Limerick
(demanded by your mom at the Post Office)

Sometimes in Ontario when we think of [The Management] and [The Prince]
We get out their stuff and soon start feeling bliss!
We play your guitar,
We drive your black car,
So then of you, we don't have to miss!

My dad probably thought this was HILARIOUS because I am always worrying about him and my brother either A) losing one of my guitars that I left back home or B) driving the shit out of my car, which I also left at home.

Also, yes, The Prince's real name rhymes with bliss and miss.

Happy guessing,

12 comments:

  1. Go, Dad! Go! Love the taunting poem. At least it doesn't involve a dead cat. That's a plus. I giggled when I saw the rhymes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He should work for Hallmark, if they made cards of limmericks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another winner! You should compile a book of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your dad....how sweet! Prince's real name must be either Chris or Piss. I'm torn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH!! OF COURSE...HIS NAME IS SHAMARISS.




    duh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, your dad is so cute! Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should make one of those coffee table books out your dad's stuff and your stories, like the "Shit my dad says" book. You'd make a killing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha I think it must definitely be "Piss". Your dad is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All these other commenters are crazy it's defintely Chris. That's Lil Broski's name. I once cried because I thought people would call him Chrissy Pissy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chrissy Pissy is Prince's new name, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Next time I want to convey my feelings about something, I'm hiring your dad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, lovely human.