Tuesday, August 14, 2012

And then The Prince took a nap on a little old lady

The Prince and I weren't seated next to each other on our flight home to Ontario, which sucked.

However, there was a silver- or should I say, white, freshly-permed, lining to this.

The Prince was seated about four rows behind me and to the right, so if I turned my head at the perfect angle from where I was sitting, I could see the top of his ginger head.

Every once in a while, I'd peek back at him. Not sure why, I guess I love him or something? No idea.

Anywho, during one of my look-backs, I noticed he wasn't in his seat. I figured he might be in the washroom.

15 minutes later when he still didn't appear to be in his seat, I decided that maybe he was slouching, and that I'd have to manoeuvre a better viewing angle.

After a bit of squirming and getting way too close to the man beside me, I could see The Prince again.

And he was sound asleep, snuggled up on the shoulder of the tiniest, cutest, white-haired old lady that was sitting next to him.

I can't be certain, but I think she may have been asleep also, all cuddled up with my little ginger boy.

When we got of the plane and met up with my parents, the first thing they asked was, of course:

"How was the flight?!"

Me: "It was awesome. The Prince took a nap on an unsuspecting little old lady."

My dad: "What a creeper."

Cheers,

13 comments:

  1. I should know better than to sip from a straw while reading an And Then post. I nearly spit tea all over my monitor. Let's not sugar coat this, The Prince was spooning with granny. He IS a creeper. Dad nailed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you see what I did there? I called him Dad like he was mine. I will slowly worm my way into this amazing family in teeny tiny little ways. Get excited because I am!

      Delete
    2. haahha he's a creeper indeed.

      You're welcome to join my family. They're for sale.

      Delete
    3. I don't want them. I want to JOIN them. Is there a spot open for sale? With the Canadian exchange rate I'm sure it will be a bargain.

      Delete
    4. Sure! My mom feels outnumbered at home with just my dad and brother. She likes crafts, too.

      Delete
  2. Haha loved the white freshly permed lining to this story. What a creeper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you took a picture of that activity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to, sooo badly, but the only camera I had on hand was my phone, and you know, that was off because plane rules.

      Delete
  4. So funny. If it happens again though, you might want to get suspicious. Grannies are "shifty" like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, I trust you on this. Completely.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting, lovely human.