Thursday, August 23, 2012

And then I pimped for presents

Last night when I got home from work:

Me: "Hey! Guess what! I got a package!"

The Prince: "I thought I told you I wasn't really into that sort of thing."

Me: "Don't be a jerk. I mean a MAIL package. From Jen. She even sent you a meat treat."


The Prince: "SHE SENT ME A MEAT TREAT? SHE'S HELPING ME TO ESCAPE FROM YOUR EVIL VEGETARIANISM? I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS WOMAN."

Me: "I figured you might be. Look at these tea towels she made for us! Honestly, her blog name says she's crafty, and it's actually true."

The Prince: "I can see how you might be surprised by the truth in her statement, given that your blog is all "LOOK AT ME I'M FUNNY" when actually you're not funny at all."

Me: "Dude, I will take away your meat treat. Don't test me. Seriously, though, look at these, they are badass."

SUPER DUCK. Made by Jen of Crafty Home Improvement Misadventures
Toasty Love. Made by Jen of Crafty Home Improvement Misadventures
The Prince: "Those are actually awesome."

Me: "I told you they were. I'm going to show them off on my blog tomorrow so that everyone will know how amazing Jen is."

The Prince: "What? I thought you had a strict 'no whoring' policy when it came to the blog. You know, because you're a hipster and you're all about integrity or some shit."

Me: "I am not a hipster. Second, how well do you know me? Of course I wouldn't whore for just anyone, but Jen sent me swag, so she gets a blog post."

The Prince: "So what you're saying, then, is that you are willing to pimp for presents."

Me: "Exactly."

The Prince: "You are shady as fuck."

Me: "Perhaps. Apparently Jen thinks I'm a skank, also. Look at this magnet she sent me."

Really, Jen? Really?
The Prince: "Again, I am in love with Jen. She has the guts to say what everyone else is thinking."

Me: "You think I'm a skank?"

The Prince: "When I met you, and you were a bartender? Yup."

Me: "But now I'm just a blog pimp, right?"

The Prince: "Nah. Still a skank."

Sincerely,

44 comments:

  1. Ah the Prince. Such love from him. ;)
    Those towels are seriously awesome, I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha. Yay for mail packages and fun surprises! This post was hilarious! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahahahahaha! Best conversation ever. I'm glad he liked his meat treats and that you didn't use your horrible vegetable powers to keep them from him. I thought you might just throw them away but then I knew you'd cave. In all fairness, the skank magnet was purchased the day you posted about your friend calling you a whore during a board game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, so just because some other meanie called me a whore, you thought it would be all good to just join right in? Hmmmmmm?

      kidding, I love it. I love the magnet.

      slut.

      Delete
    2. I cannot confirm or deny that name, but probably a little. maybe. okay.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. you and the prince would be great friends, then ;)

      Delete
  5. Super ADORABLE tea towels!!!! cuuuuuuuute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Jen is so crafty and cute.

      Delete
  6. My pakage came WAY before yours did. Apparently that's what happens when you live in another country. Idk I'm just guessing here. I'm also bragging and being a brat here. You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, Canada post is not that great, sadly.

      You ARE a brat, but I like you anyway.

      Delete
    2. Erin, I think secretly the Canadian customs was checking to see if skank propaganda was allowed in their country. Good news. It is!

      Delete
    3. ahhaha. skank propoganda. I hope they don't find out I live here.

      Delete
  7. Hahahaha! Love the conversation and that he believes you're "as shady as fuck". I can feel the love between the two of you. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pshh, pimping for presents is totally ok, as long as the present is awesome, in which case those tea towels are. And so was his meat treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah- we both got something we like! score!

      Delete
  9. Now all of the terrible 90s songs about pimping are stuck on replay in my head.
    MAKE IT STOP, PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL
    Those are awesome presents! I love the toasters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, the toast one is freaking adorable.

      Delete
  11. PS:While reading this post I am listening to Blackstreet's "I wanna be your man". It seemed to really fit

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want a meat treat in the mail! That'd be bomb, who doesn't love meat (yes veggers I knoooow), and mail?
    This somehow reminds me of my sister mailing a furby to her friend in another state, with batteries in it. Do you remember those things? Freaky. Those poor poor postal workers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a furby in the mail? that is horrifying. those were some scary, scary toys.

      Delete
  13. HAHAHA So funny! I refer to "meat treats" as dehydrated meat. Not as fun to say, but so factual and funny when Boyfriend calls me "jerky". Which btw, annoys me.

    Also? I plan to steal that toast tea towel from you. Be forewarned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He calls you "jerky"? I can see how that would be annoying.

      Also? I plan to fight you when you come to steal my toast tea towel. Be forewarned.


      .... just kidding ;)

      Delete
  14. I love this! You and the "prince" have great banter. I love toasty love! Have a happy Thursday and be sure to check out my giveaway ending tonight! . BTW I am your newest follower and cannot wait to read more of your posts and hope that maybe you can return the favor and follow The Preppy Student. I always comment for every comment left on my page and hope to start a friendly relationship with your wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahha, thank you! I just checked out your blog- I like it!

      Delete
  15. Love those towels! CUTE! And, don't worry, my hubs doesn't find me funny either but everyone else does!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. see, The Prince DOES find me funny.... he just hates to admit it ;)

      Delete
  16. Awesome... I will have to check out her blog! She sounds awesome.. crafty and vulgar- EXACTLY How I like my blogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes! Go check out her posts! You will not be disappointed!

      Delete
  17. Whoever the hell Jen is, well I want to know.

    mostly because she sends you shit and she sends you something about closing down your vagina. that's a good friend right there.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those tea towels are bad-ass. Although if my boyfriend professed his love for another blogger, I would be withholding any and all meat treats. That's just rude.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE the toast. And he is VERY lucky to have received a meat treat. Now he can ration it xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, lovely human.