Thursday, May 24, 2012

Mr. Noodles chicken soup: no chicken

One time when I was sick while at university, a good friend came over with a sweet little care package for me. She brought me tea, medicine, and Mr. Noodles Chicken Soup. While I appreciated her kind gesture, I was a little bit like:

“Bitch please. How long have we been friends? What, exactly, are you doing bringing me chicken soup when you know I don’t eat meat?”

It was then that she informed me, which much excitement, that she had read the ingredients to check and found that there was actually no chicken in the so-called chicken soup.

Iiiiiiiinteresting. [via]
 I rejoiced, ate my Styrofoam cup full of sodium and felt much better.

Fast forward to last week when I had no lunch to eat at work and it was pouring rain, so walking very far to get food was totally out of my gameplan. I decided I’d walk to the convenience store beside our building and check out their swag.

I walked in, saw that they had Mr. Noodles Chicken Soup cups for a dollar, bought one and came back to the lunch room. While it was cooking, I attempted to make small talk with a co-worker.

I was all, “Did you know that this chicken soup has no chicken in it? Totally makes my day.”

This woman (who knows I am vegetarian thanks to work barbeques) looked at me like I was DISGUSTING, and said: “Um, yes. Obviously. Not only is there no chicken in it, there is literally NOTHING of nutritional value in that thing you’re about to eat.”

I shrugged, laughed, collected my soup and walked away, but in my HEAD, things were more along the lines of:

“Oh, well LOOK AT YOU with your TACO TIME-SUPPLIED FEAST. I am going to eat my THING and I’m going to fucking LOVE IT and every gram of sodium it pumps through my veins. I told you that this one-dollar cup of soup was MAKING MY DAY and you decided the appropriate course of action was to SHIT ALL OVER MY HAPPINESS. I hope you get taco sauce on your shirt, which, by the way, is fucking heinous.”

Honestly. These women don’t like my hair; they don’t like my lunch choices… yawn. I’m more than ten years younger than all of them, so as far as I’m concerned they can SUCK IT.

Are the people you work with this terrible? Tell me stories.

Forever in favour of soup cups,

22 comments:

  1. Jeeeeeeeeeeez. What is with people?! Duh it has no nutritional value. It was a freaking dollar! Also that's why it's so good. What can you buy for $1 that is good for you? I mean, really. Just please.

    You need to seriously get a better job or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaa, yes. I do. The work is actually pretty great, it's just the PEOPLE here that I dislike...

      Delete
  2. I don't care that the THING has no nutritional value, I eat those all the time! :) I love me some noodles in a sodium bath.

    That lady had absolutely no reason to put you down for eating this deliciousness! She should watch her own bobber. Grrr.... I'm mad for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks L-Kat :) I love when people get angry for me.

      Delete
  3. I've worked at 3 companies and the current place has the best people I've had the opportunity to work with thus far. So sorry to hear the comment from the colleague.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this is my second company... I liked the people at the old one much better :(

      Delete
  4. Omg. They're so good. I sort of feel guilty when I eat them but they ate thebest when I'm hungover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soup that comes from a styrofoam cup can't be sooo bad---that type of meal has saved my life too many a time!

    As for poopy co-workers, I'm glad to say that at my current job nobody really gives a crap what I eat. My previous job though...goodness, I had to eat in the corner of the break room to ensure that none of the older ladies would say anything. There was a particularly large co-worker (actually my manager) who would enviously look at my Hot Pockets and potato chips...She was also known for "trying and tasting" other people's foods!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahhaha "trying and tasting"... goodness grossness!

      Delete
  6. Bahahahahaha, Best. Post. Ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha ahhhh work stories. Gotta love it.

    I remember you saying you moved to BC, Canada... where are you from originally? Generally only the Brits or the Irish spell things with "ou" instead of "o"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Originally from near Toronto, Ontario.

      "Canadian English" is modeled closely after British English. The proper spelling of favourite and colour includes the u. Check out the Wikipedia article on it, haha.

      Delete
    2. Haha awesome. I actually have a buddy who's from London, Ontario. Not too far from Toronto!

      Delete
    3. And amazingly, I actually lived even closer to London than I did Toronto. One of my best friends still lives there; my brother went there for school as well.

      Delete
  8. That woman is crazy. Cheap food (noodles) in containers is delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good thing Taco Time is soooo healthy. They're just jealous of your youth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhahaha thanks Jay, I was waiting for someone to confirm that for me.

      Delete
    2. That's what I'm here for! Maybe.

      Delete
  10. my mom gives me crap for eating cup-a-noodles as an adult. i don't care! that shit is so good when you are craving something salty.

    http://challengedromantic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, lovely human.