Friday, May 25, 2012

"I'm pretty sure that's a strip club."

A conversation that the two of us had last night while driving around. We were looking for a Value Village because I wanted to buy some funky fine-bone china on the cheap.

Me: “THERE. That’s Hollywoood road. That’s the road it’s on. Turn here.”

The Prince: “No, I think it’s farther up. I’m pretty sure.”

Me: “Neither of us has been to this part of Kelowna before.”

The Prince: “I was here once.”

Me: “Oh joy, the directionally challenged half of this couple WAS HERE ONCE. We’re totally effed.”

A few minutes of driving go by…

Me: “We are not even in Kelowna anymore, are we?”

The Prince: “I’m… I’m not sure… yeah, I don’t know.”

Me: “Okay, so just turn around right there. That’s a perfect spot. We will go back the way we came.”

The Prince: “No, let’s just go that way a little more…”

Me: “NO. Turn around. I DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR YOUR MAN ADVENTURE RIGHT NOW, VALUE VILLAGE CLOSES SOON.”

I added the text, original picture [via]

After he turned around, we got closer to the original road. Then, out of nowhere:

The Prince: “OOOOOH, this is highway 33. I know highway 33. We can just stay on this, it will get us there.”

Me: “Noooooo, it’s BACK THERE. WHY DON’T YOU BELIEVE ME? I am always right about these things. You could not even point toward our apartment right now if you tried.”

The Prince: “It’s okay! I know where I am!”

Me: “You have NEVER been on this highway before. It only sounds familiar because you spent copious hours of the last year waiting at bus stops, some of which had signs for the highway 33 bus THAT YOU NEVER TOOK.”

The Prince: “Oh. Is that it? Shit. It did sound familiar, though. Hey, what’s that place? The Cadillac Lounge. That’s weird.”

Me: “I’m pretty sure that’s a strip club.”

The Prince: “I told you I knew exactly where I was going.”

Happy Friday everyone,

16 comments:

  1. This sounds like a conversation my boyfriend and I would have. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaha that conversation is the epitome of men!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMFG that is hilarious! You gotta love that prince. Cadillac Lounge. That sounds classy . At least he knew how to go home right? Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, yeah. I don't think he's ever been there, as far as I know, but he DID seem to know he way home from that point... hmm...

      Delete
  4. haha nice!

    http://challengedromantic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds familiar, the only difference is I'm the Prince (sans the strip club, duh) and hubby is the "I told you so, I told you so!" guy :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, lovely human.