Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Disney Movie answers from yesterday's pop quiz

 Jumping right in:

1) In this Disney movie, there is a nervous character who tries to use a part of his body to solve the problems of the group. The group doubts him, but his plan ends up working… until he nervously messes everything up again.

This one is The Rescuers Down Under, my all-time favourite Disney movie, and NO ONE GUESSED THIS ONE CORRECTLY. NO ONE. FOR SHAME.

The clues were a reference to one of the greatest Disney Characters of all time, Frank the lizard. The scene below shows his introduction. The scene I referenced comes shortly after this: Frank tires to use his tail to jimmy the cage lock, which apparently he has tried before, but then it actually does open the lock... he tries to go get the keys... until Joanna the Goanna (MY FAVOURITE CHARACTER EVER) hears him and hilarity ensues, ending with Frank locking himself back into his own cage. So close, buddy, so close.

The best part of this clip is when the Koala describes "the way out", as in what commodities the captured animals will leave their prison as. Frank is going to go as a "lovely ladies' purse", much to his own horror. Watch this clip and then GO WATCH THIS MOVIE AND REPORT BACK TO ME.



2) In this Disney movie, there are characters modeled after The Beatles.

This is The Jungle Book. The Beatles were actually supposed to voice the vultures themselves, but backed out at the last second. They're still pretty awesome.

The Jungle Book vultures, aka The Beatles. [via]

3) In this Disney movie, there is a very scary fish, a character named after an ailment, a character named after a very famous scientist, and an extremely hungry wolf.

Only two commenters got this one! It's The Sword in the Stone, which is an incredible movie with a disappointing ending. It's still one of my favourites. The Prince complains about its "non-ending" every time I bring it up.

Here are where the clues came from:

The very scary fish (a Pike) that tries to eat Merlin and Wart:

[via]

The character named after an ailment is the protagonist, Wart. The character named after a very famous scientist is Merlin's owl, Archimedes:


And then there's my mom's favourite Disney Character of all time, the very hungry wolf:

[via]

There you go, guys. I'll do another Disney guessing game next week. FYI I'll be posting my usual content-type post in about an hour or so.

Still smiling at the Frank video,





12 comments:

  1. Wow, I had no clue! Now I feel like watching The Rescuers Down Under now. Yep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently I like the word "now."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now now, don't you worry about that now.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE THE SWORD IN THE STONE! So much! Especially the part with the squirrel! Hahahahahaha so funny.

    I've seen all these movies which is a shame. I love the rescue aid society song from the other rescuers. I hope it's stuck in your head. That's your punishment for being so tricky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. THE SQUIRRELS ARE THE BEST PART. I make that little "kachoo kachoo" sound sometimes when I want attention.

      hahahah, thanks, yes, now it's in my head.

      I'm sneaky sneaky :)

      Delete
  4. My brother was obsessed with The Rescuers when we were little! I even thought about just randomly throwing that out there as a guess because I know you've blogged about it before. 2 outta 3 ain't bad though. I like this game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, you did very well- maybe next week you will get all three and be the winner!

      Delete
  5. Ugh I should have known all of them and not just the second one. I've seen all three countless times. I will say the little clues you gave definitely made me think and were really good considering I'd never really thought about some of it before...like Wart being the ailment :) So clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan! I put lots of thought into them so I appreciate it :)

      Delete
  6. I LOVED the Rescuers when I was a kid. Had it on VHS! Sadly I haven't seen in at least 15 years. I'm also sad to admit I've never seen the Jungle Book in its entirety (just the Bare Necessities part) and I've never seen The Sword in the Stone. Guess I've got me Friday night planned...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right you've got your Friday night planned! Get on it and tell me how it goes!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting, lovely human.