Thursday, May 17, 2012

And then, in a not-so subtle way, The Prince called me dysfunctional

Last night after work The Prince and I were strolling around Chapters. This is how trips to Chapters usually go with the two of us:

"Oh look! I want this!"
"No you don't."
"Oooohhhh look, cute little cards with birdies on them!"
"No."
"THEY HAVE A NEW CROCODILE JELLYCAT."
"Sweetie, no."
"My favourite author's book on the sale table? I don't think so. I need to buy this in protest."
"Nooooo."
"A new wine decanter! We need a new wine decanter, right?"
"No, the one we have is fine."
"Candles are thirty percent off. I need to stock up."
"NO. NO MORE CANDLES."
"BUT THEY'RE THE FANCY KIND."
"We are so leaving this store. I hate Chapters."

So, yeah. Last night, however, something a little different happened. We were walking through the journal section when The Prince went:

"Hey, you need this journal. It was made for you."
"Oh, that's so sweet of you. Let me see it."

This is the cover of the journal he was holding:


 I don't think he read the whole thing through. I DID. 

Yours, dysfunctions and all,

18 comments:

  1. Did you smack him on the head with the journal? I would have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I definitely thought about it. But then I made him buy me dinner.

      Delete
  2. Hahaha that conversation is me and evan. Like to a T. Shit you don't need? In the cart it goes. I should open a store like that. Those people are geniuses. And that journal is kind of amazing. Besides the fact that he called you dysfunctional, it's kind of amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahha yeah, I usually fill the cart and then the Prince empties it before we get to the till.

      Delete
  3. hah I love your posts! Always so fun to read :P Next time just stick all the stuff you want in your trolley and run off to the till! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like your visits :)

      And believe me, I have tried. I HAVE TRIED.

      Delete
  4. That's the thing with men: they're shallow and proud of it :)

    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh well that's just awesome. Did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, but only because I have like 561764 blank journals. From Chapters.

      Delete
  6. WHAT THE HELL IS CHAPTERS!?!?!?

    I believe the journal is my description once a month. fo' sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chapters is a big-box bookstore. They have books, a starbucks inside, a section for home decor, etc. It's pretty sweet.

      Delete
  7. i'm wondering what the heck chapters is too ha. and that journal is perfect because of the fine print! ha to him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chapters is a big-box bookstore. Besides books, they have a starbucks inside, a section for home decor, etc. It's pretty sweet.

      Delete
  8. I want a Chapters in my life AND I want that journal. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I guess Chapters is just a Canada thing which is weird. The journal is pretty cool- you're so crafty I bet you could make a cooler one with that text on the front!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting, lovely human.