Monday, May 28, 2012

And then I won

The Prince and I played a game of Carcassonne on Saturday night. The Prince beat me… by a lot.

The Prince is an ugly loser- but believe me, he’s an even uglier winner.

I am making no comments in regard to the ugliness of my own behavior in such situations. You will shortly see why.

The game was over. The Prince tallied up the score. He was all “Okay, so I have about 50 more points than you do. HA.”

Me: “Sweet! I won!”

The Prince: “You didn’t win, I just told you I beat you. I just kicked your ass at this game that you begged me to play with you.”

Me: “Nope. I won.”

The Prince: “You didn’t win! I won!”

Me: “You’re cute. I’m really sorry about your loss, but honestly, I won.”

I continued to insist that I won and The Prince got more and more annoyed with me. He was all “Do you have any idea how angering it is to listen to you saying you won when you know you didn’t? You’re just trying to ruin my victory.”

Me: “I have no idea what you’re talking about. I think you played pretty well. You gave it a good try. I won, though, and that’s just how it is.”

I, of course, thought this was HILARIOUS. Every few moments while sitting next to each other on the couch I would whisper: “I won.”

The end result?

Me screaming and trying to get away from The Prince once he figured out that the way to force me into admitting defeat was to tickle me and/or lick me on the face. I HATE SPIT. IT’S SO GROSS. He was trying to lick my face! Like a dog! Filthy!


Of course, every time I managed to sneak away from his death grip, I would squeak out an “I won!” and start the battle all over again.

BECAUSE I WON.

Happy Monday,

15 comments:

  1. i think you and the prince should have a reality show because (1) you are hilarious and (2) your relationship is cute and funny. I would totally watch it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah you're so awesome, Jessica. Thanks for this comment. Really. :)

      Delete
  2. 'Every few moments while sitting next to each other on the couch I would whisper: “I won.” ' actually made me laugh out loud! haha, sounds like me and my boyfriend - he loves winning and letting the whole world know... and if he loses then I've gotta battle with a grumpy grouse all day. I'm not too much of an ugly loser, but i guess everyone gloats a bit when they win... ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I'm glad you laughed!

      Things would have been much worse if he really did lose, haha.

      I'm terrible for gloating, but at least I make it public!

      Delete
  3. You kids, have such a cute, fun life together! Keep your child spirit for as long as you can, once you pass a certain age, you will miss it so much. Spit on your face and everything :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure we're ever going to act any older. We'll see, though :)

      Delete
  4. HAHA that is pretty funny! Jamal does the same thing to me, I hate when he licks my face and he just thinks it is so funny. Ick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, boys are disgusting. Let's get rid of them ;)

      Delete
  5. winding boys up is SO much fun! :) Love Elle xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree more! I've missed you, Elle!

      Delete
    2. Oh cutie... I missed you and your wit too... felt like a LONG holiday! Good to be back! xx

      Delete
  6. I love that you stuck to your guns on this one even though spit was involved. Well played.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, lovely human.