I'll be 23 tomorrow. I decided that tomorrow I'm going to post 23 things that I'd like to accomplish while being 23. OH MY GOSH NO OTHER BLOGGER HAS EVER DONE THIS BEFORE, I KNOWWWW.
BUT THEN, while I was in the shower this morning justifying yet another day of going without shaving my legs, I thought that maybe I should post today about 22 things I accomplished while being 22.
Without further adieu, here are 22 things that I accomplished during my time as a 22 year old:
1) I moved across the country, from Ontario to British Columbia.
2) I went an entire year without cutting or dying my hair. This is something I may or may not have accomplished by accident, but I'm counting it anyway.
3) I told a boy that I love him. This was HUGE.
4) I went to court! Traffic court! And I WON. (Because I win, bitches, I always win...)
5) I openly exposed my eating disorder to my family, close friends, boyfriend and the blogosphere.
6) I was diagnosed with Anxiety disorder! And then I started taking Prozac!
7) I stopped taking Prozac. *gasp* Yeah, I'll tell you all about it really soon.
8) I began to live with a messy yet helpful guy named The Prince.
9) I got and began to rock the glasses I've always wanted to wear: original Ray-Ban Wayfarers are on my face allll the time now instead of just when I'm wearing sunglasses.
|Go on, make a hipster joke. Do it. [via]|
10) I quit two jobs and then began another one because I must like being the perpetual "new girl".
11) I started a blog? Which people apparently read? Weird.
12) I taught my mother how to use Skype. ACCOMPLISHMENT.
13) I used Hotwire to book a really expensive hotel room for really cheap. I will never not use Hotwire again. I was not paid to say this.
14) I beat The Prince at Settlers of Catan and have not lost since.
15) I went a whole 4 months (and counting) without a vehicle and survived.
16) I decided that I really like banana peppers, which I had avoided my entire life.
17) I saw two of my "top five favourite bands" live: Third Eye Blind and Sloan.
18) I introduced my boyfriend to my entire extended family at Christmas dinner.
19) I crossed the border into Pennsylvania for a weekend of shopping. Until that time, I had not been out of Canada since I was a toddler.
20) I took a trip on a plane by myself, which I had never done before because ANXIETY, remember?
21) I went bowling for probably the third time ever and I bowled 2 strikes in a row!
22) I learned how to boil an egg. This is not a joke.
Yours at 22,