Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My last day of being 22

Unfortunately for you guys, The Prince didn't do anything that dumb last night so I'm going to write about something else! Myself! Surpriiiiiiise!

I'll be 23 tomorrow. I decided that tomorrow I'm going to post 23 things that I'd like to accomplish while being 23. OH MY GOSH NO OTHER BLOGGER HAS EVER DONE THIS BEFORE, I KNOWWWW.

BUT THEN, while I was in the shower this morning justifying yet another day of going without shaving my legs, I thought that maybe I should post today about 22 things I accomplished while being 22.

Without further adieu, here are 22 things that I accomplished during my time as a 22 year old:

1) I moved across the country, from Ontario to British Columbia.
2) I went an entire year without cutting or dying my hair. This is something I may or may not have accomplished by accident, but I'm counting it anyway.
3) I told a boy that I love him. This was HUGE.
4) I went to court! Traffic court! And I WON. (Because I win, bitches, I always win...)
5) I openly exposed my eating disorder to my family, close friends, boyfriend and the blogosphere.
6) I was diagnosed with Anxiety disorder! And then I started taking Prozac!
7) I stopped taking Prozac. *gasp* Yeah, I'll tell you all about it really soon.
8) I began to live with a messy yet helpful guy named The Prince. 
9) I got and began to rock the glasses I've always wanted to wear: original Ray-Ban Wayfarers are on my face allll the time now instead of just when I'm wearing sunglasses.
Go on, make a hipster joke. Do it. [via]

10) I quit two jobs and then began another one because I must like being the perpetual "new girl".
11) I started a blog? Which people apparently read? Weird.
12) I taught my mother how to use Skype. ACCOMPLISHMENT.
13) I used Hotwire to book a really expensive hotel room for really cheap. I will never not use Hotwire again. I was not paid to say this.
14) I beat The Prince at Settlers of Catan and have not lost since.
15) I went a whole 4 months (and counting) without a vehicle and survived.
16) I decided that I really like banana peppers, which I had avoided my entire life.
17) I saw two of my "top five favourite bands" live: Third Eye Blind and Sloan.
18) I introduced my boyfriend to my entire extended family at Christmas dinner.
19) I crossed the border into Pennsylvania for a weekend of shopping. Until that time, I had not been out of Canada since I was a toddler.
20) I took a trip on a plane by myself, which I had never done before because ANXIETY, remember?
21) I went bowling for probably the third time ever and I bowled 2 strikes in a row!
22) I learned how to boil an egg. This is not a joke.

Well THAT took way longer than it should have. Happy Tuesday, lovelies. Meet back here tomorrow for MY BIRTHDAY and a list of 23 things that I plan to do while I'm 23. I promise they'll be more adventurous than using Hotwire. Maybe.

Yours at 22,


26 comments:

  1. I love this one! I can honestly say it would take me hours to think of wtf i did while I was 22.... that being said I'll still be 22 until september haha! AND: THIS JUST IN... I did not realize we lived so close! Helllllo new bff.
    I laaaah you. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well you still have lots of time to do things then! And yeah! We do live close! Come here and drink wine with me!

      Delete
  2. Good job! I can't wait to see your other list tomorrow. Did you get your copy of The Bloggess' book yet? I got mine on Saturday. w00t!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet... waiting patiently! I'm excited for tomorrow's list too, seeing as I have no idea what's on it yet!

      Delete
  3. This is a great idea! I must do this when I turn 23 this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It's hard (but good for your self worth, haha) to think of that many things you've "accomplished" in under 30 minutes!

      Delete
  4. I love using sites to get a hotel. I usually use priceline so I can name my own price, down side is that you don't get to pick the hotel though, but I have never had an issue with it and the hotels have been great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you don't get to pick with Hotwire either, but we were staying in Toronto so based on the ratings and the things listed on the ad (like the pool), we knew what hotel we were booking anyway. Research is a powerful thing!

      Delete
  5. you achieved alot whilst being 22 i cant remember what i did when i was 22. just so no 23 isnt all bad (depends on how you look at it really) I'll be 24 in october!! i love the idea its very similar to 1001 in 101 (day zero project as i call it.)
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY for tomorrow hope you have an awesome day xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks! I'm looking forward to being 23, I have high hopes for the year.

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday tomorrow! Sounds like you had an exciting year. I'm stealing this idea for my birthday post. I'll give you credit, don't worry :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds great to me, Emily! Looking forward to your lists!

      Delete
  7. Heyo, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to a great 22nd year and cheers to an even better 23rd one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. GREAT POST!! I can't wait to see what your plans are for 23 years!! BTW.. Happy Early Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha! I mean Hahaha! And I really mean that, ok?

    No jokes about the glasses, those are quite cool. Now go buy a new pair so I can make fun of it :) Doctor's order!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd like to list your blog on my blogroll, if you don't mind.
    Cheers, big ears :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would not mind that I would LOVE THAT. Thanks!

      Delete
  12. That was cool, but not as cool as the fact that I get to post the 23rd comment on your (YES, would you believe it!) 23rd birthday: "Happy 23rd Birthday!"

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is my first time on your blog! #1 I admire you for being so open!!! #2 THIRD EYE BLIND IS MY FAVORITE BAND OF ALL TIME!!!!!!! #3 boiling eggs is so freaking hard. I screwed one up yesterday and decided not to try again and just go with scrambled. And finally, HAPPY 23 BIRTHDAY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for 3eb fans! They're my favourite too! It's neat that we found each other- diehard 3eb fans are pretty rare these days.

      And yes, boiling eggs is a skill!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting, lovely human.