Friday, March 30, 2012

Top Gear as Research My Ass

The Prince is always thinking about what kind of a career he’d like to have. He’s constantly coming up with plans and goals- this is one of the things I love about him. Currently, he’s convinced that he’s going to be an auto mechanic who takes vintage cars and makes them run like BMW M3s. I think this is adorable, so long as it does not affect me in any way. Good girlfriend 101, bitches...

HOLD THE PRESS.

I was recently informed that The Prince’s grand plan to prep himself for this amicable venture is to watch freakin' Top Gear all the damn time. Top Gear is okay, sure, but WE’VE BOTH SEEN ALL OF IT BEFORE*. IT DOES NOT NEED TO BE RE-WATCHED.

*This is a lie. I have not SEEN, I have merely been "subjected to".

I feel the need to point out that I am a car fanatic! I love them! Just no nightly Top Gear. No.

I blame Netflix Canada, which offers way too much Jeremy Clarkson Top Gear way too much of the time.
I do not wish to spend my evenings with these men THOSE JEANS. [via]

The Prince claims that watching all of the episodes over again (most of which he’s already seen more than once!) is research for his new career path.

No. Freaking. Way.

This is totally just a plan to deprive me from watching episodes of The Pink Panther Show on Netflix all the damn time.

"The Pink Panther is a heroic, moral cartoon cat with pink fur and the manners of an English aristocrat." [via]

Depriving me of Pink Panther for personal gain?

UNACCEPTABLE.

8 comments:

  1. Tell The Prince that "research" involves books and see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Revenge is sweet. When I started watching a lot of Top Gear, my gf started watching (and subjecting me to) Say Yes to the Dress, What Not to Wear, etc.

    I took the hint. Now I watch netflix on my laptop, with the headphones on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooooh I love Say Yes to the Dress :)

      While your girlfriend's plan is top notch, unfortunately we don't have a TV and we share one laptop currently, so whatever one person is watching, the other has to watch too...

      I've been napping a lot lately.

      Thanks for reading, Brandon!

      Delete
  3. hey! i just read on my friends page you live in kelowna! sweet! me too! just moved here from Calgary <333
    What do you think so far? hubby and i LOVE it here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neat! Yeah we like it so far, too! So glad to "meet" you.

      Delete
  4. Oh you poor suffering girl. I HATE Top Gear... well no...I actually don't but I also do not feel the need to watch the repeats ALL the time... but I did however see someone in our local pub who looked like the love child of James May and Jeremy Clarkson. It was weird. The Chef and I tried to stealthily take pics... it didn't work out and he caught us. But jeez it was uncanny!

    Love Elle xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh I hate when you're trying to take sneaky pictures of someone and they catch you... I always wonder if they realize why the pictures are being taken :)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting, lovely human.