Friday, March 23, 2012

And then I had a nightmare where my dad was a serial killer.

The title pretty much says it all, but here's what happened in more detail:

I had a nightmare wherein my dad was killing people, mostly local people who live near my parents' house, and keeping their dismembered bodies in old hockey bags in one of our sheds/garages.

It was horribly disturbing. I can remember that, at one point in the dream, I was saying to my dad:

"Dad, dad. I love you. I really do. But you need to stop killing people, okay?"

Which, now, sounds hilarious.

Anyway, I called my parents last night and got chatting with my dad:

Me: "Oh, so I had a dream where you were a serial killer."

My dad: "So you finally figured that out, eh?"

Me: "Ha, yeah, and you kept the bodies in all those old hockey bags that you keep in the shed."

My dad: "Well what else do you think I keep old hockey bags for? They serve an important purpose. I use those things for everything."

Me: "Okay, give mom the phone now."

My dad: "Okay, here she is. I have to go anyway, gotta move the hockey bags."

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Me too! One of my favourite things about my dad is his ability to roll with ANY topic.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting, lovely human.