Wednesday, February 22, 2012

So I didn't really plan to kill him BUT I DO NOW

Okay, so. Yesterday was a long work day for me, the kind of work day that makes you feel like eating comfort food.

I got home after spending the day resisting these cookies excited to eat something yummy and bad for me. Why didn't I just eat one of the aforementioned work cookies? Because I'm stupid, okay?

Anyway. On my walk home I considered that the thing I wanted to eat was a wrap with peanut butter on it. Honestly, a whole grain wheat tortilla wrap with peanut butter is the unhealthiest combo of food available at my apartment right now, so that is what I wanted.

So I go to get a wrap, and find just an empty package where there had been two wraps in the morning. Here's what happened next...

Me, in the kitchen: "Did you eat both the wraps?"

The Prince, from the couch: "Oh, yeah."

Me: "Okay, do we have any crackers left that I can put peanut butter on?"

The Prince: "No, the crackers got used up when I had soup."

Me: "So we have no peanut butter vehicles, is what you're saying. We don't even have a clean spoon for me to eat it out of the jar with."

The Prince: "Yeah I haven't done the dishes yet, and, uh, *nervous laughter*..."

Me: "What?"

The Prince: "I may have eaten the rest of the peanut butter today."

At this point, I looked over at the couch to see my boyfriend sitting on it next to an empty peanut butter jar.

Me: "YOU ATE ALL OF THE THINGS THAT I WANT TO EAT."

The Prince: "I was hungry."

Me: "Unacceptable."

The Prince: "I think there's one banana left?"

Me: "How is there only one left? There were seven two days ago."

The Prince: "Actually, now that I think about it, I think I ate the last one. We don't have any bananas left."

Me: "GO TO THE STORE. RIGHT NOW."

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog from Jens favs, love it. You are hilarious.

    Tab

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, lovely human.