Saturday, February 11, 2012

And That's How You Get a TV For Free

First off, I have to tell you that our apartment is really cold. I'm pretty sure that the house owner upstairs has all of the heat going directly up to where she lives, leaving us to freeze our bums off.

After a week of living here, The Prince and I were tired of running from the bed to the shower in the morning to get warm, and to he honest, I'm not big on the whole cuddling thing, so when The Prince tried to snuggle against me to "share the warms" I was really havin' none of it.

So, on Wednesday we went to Wal-Mart and bought slippers (or in my case, the aforementioned nine dollar Ugg-esque boots) and two space heaters so that our place would be warmer.

On our way through the check-out, the cashier was all "Are you guys a little cold this morning or what?" and laughed. Simultaneously, we were all: "Yes."

She continued, "Well at least you can just snuggle up in front of the TV with blankets and stay warm."

To which I was like: "Yeah. If we even had a TV" while I angrily swiped my maxed-out VISA.

The cashier looked appalled, and then she goes: "I have a great big old TV sitting in my foyer that I want to get rid of. I would be happy to give it to you. It works just fine, but we have six TVs and we need to get rid of one."

The Prince and I were dumbfounded, but of course agreed to comply with her good deed and accept a free television. She took our number and we went on our way.

The cashier called us yesterday in a panic, apologizing for not contacting us sooner. Apparently she can't find the remote that goes with the TV, but as soon as she does she's bringing it over.

So yeah. Freeze for a week, spend imaginary money on heaters and slippers while looking broke, use angry sarcasm at a friendly Wal-Mart employee...

And that's how you get a TV for free.

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I hate snuggling to share my "heat" too. It's my heat, leaveitalone! Does the Prince grow extra arms at night to enhance his snuggling? Cuz Scruffy sure does and I have to beat him off me with my teddy bear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Prince DOES grow extra arms at night to enhance his snuggling! It's so mysterious! I hit him in the face with all my stuffed animals as well :)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting, lovely human.