Thursday, January 26, 2012

Re: The Title of This Blog

So. Three things regarding the title of this blog and what it means.

1) The Prince is my boyfriend. He is called The Prince because he bears a striking resemblance to Prince Harry, the hotter Prince of Wales. When I started dating my boyfriend, I commonly referred to him as The Prince, and the name has stuck with both me and a number of my entourage.

2) The Prozac part. As my "about me" section suggests, I have anxiety disorder. This is a recent formal discovery, but also something that I've known about myself for a long time. I've been taking Prozac for about four months despite harsh criticism from a lot of important people in my life. I'm not ashamed of my disorder or the fact that I use medication to help me deal with it- that's why it's in the title, right there for everyone to see.

3) Late one night when I was writing in my journal, I said something like: "And this is really the story of how a prince and Prozac changed my life." Because, well, those two things combined- The Prince and the Prozac- have changed my life drastically for the better.

And there you have it. The reason for this blog being called A Prince and Prozac. Just in case you were wondering.

3 comments:

  1. I WAS wondering. ;)
    p.s. “a number of my entourage?” you’re killing me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hy, just stumbled across your blog while I was researching something about Prozac and yes, I was wondering. Thank you for clearing that out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that someone found my blog that way- that's always been one of my secret hopes! Thanks for reading and for all of your comments :)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting, lovely human.