Sunday, January 29, 2012

Middle Name: Skyrim

This conversation happened one night when I wanted to go to bed.

Me: "Are you coming to bed now?"

The Prince: "Sweetie, I just bought Skyrim today. I'm probably never coming to bed ever again."

Me: "What? You've been playing that all day. Seriously, come to bed."

The Prince: "It's just so freaking good, though. Like I might name our first child Skyrim."

Me: "No you won't. Our first child is being named Sloan."

The Prince: "Sloan Skyrim.... I like it!"

Me: "Stop being an asshat."

The Prince: "You know why I play video games? Because they don't complain like you do. They just let me play them and achieve my goals of beating them and reigning victorious."

Me: "I AM NOT A VIDEO GAME AND YOU CAN'T COMPARE ME TO ONE."

The Prince: "But if you were..."

Me: "What? You would play me and beat me?"

*long pause while I laugh*

The Prince: "Maybe. I'm tired. Let's go to bed."

6 comments:

  1. From what I can tell, Skyrim can provide hundreds of hours of game play. Also, get used to this - it comes with the nerd(ish) territory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeeeeeahhhhh I'm pretty used to it by now. Just this morning I was all "Okay let's go we have to catch the bus" and the response I got was "No way I'm in the middle of slaying a dragon." Looooove it.

      Delete
    2. Not that I'm taking any sides, but you must understand, he is not the same man you used to know. Now, he is DOVAKHIIN.

      Delete
    3. You are going to be The Prince's favourite commenter ever. Congrats!

      Delete
  2. I used to have a great bf, until we threw a Skyrim at the relationship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! That's not good. Thankfully mine hasn't played it in a few months- I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting, lovely human.